Budgerigars are ideal pets for people who want to overcome the silence of loneliness and bring joy to the home by having pets. This is because they speak as if they were human. Being one of the most active bird species, this species can quickly adapt to people and home life. With their gifted and creative minds, they can make great housemates. Bringing joy and color to the home, these creatures can learn to speak with the right education and healthy care. If you want your lovely friend to communicate with you more, you are at the right place. In this content, we are talking about budgie talking techniques. Let’s step into their world together!
You may be interested: Bird Species That Will Amaze You With Their Beauty
Budgie Talk Techniques
Budgerigars, which are excellent observers and listeners, can repeat the words they hear from the people around them. The number of words they can memorize differs between male and female budgies. Female budgies have a vocabulary of between 12-15 words, while males can learn and speak more than 100 words. The answer to the question of how a budgerigar speaks is not to talk to it all day long, but to use the right words with certain intonations and appropriate situations. We can list what you can do for this as follows.
- The sooner you talk to them in a willing, pleasant way and make a connection and show through your actions that you really want to talk, the faster they will contact you.
- Make sure you face him when speaking. In order to be able to speak by imitating you, he must also observe your mouth and the changes it receives according to the sounds.
- One of the points to be considered for budgerigar talk training is to include your emotions in your speech. For example, if you try to talk to them in an excited way, you can be sure that they will try to answer you with the same enthusiasm.
- When you talk to him, say the words one by one and slowly so that he can hear the words better and imitate you more easily. In this way, they will be able to distinguish between words and sounds more easily.
- It is extremely important to use everyday words, which can also be called basic. Saying hello when you see him and saying see you when you walk away is among the most important details. Your friend, who associates your arrival and departure with words, will also use these words to your guests.
You may be interested: 12 Bird Based Cartoon Characters That Will Take You To Your Childhood Remember!
Things to pay attention
In budgerigar species, hatching is completed 1 month after hatching. One month after coming to the world, it becomes able to eat on its own and starts to observe and get to know people. Placing it in a place where there are many activities at home in order to better observe the environment is one of the important steps that can be taken to make the budgie talk. In order for your friend to talk to you faster, it is useful to keep him in a place where there is a lot of talk.
By establishing a deep bond with him, you can accelerate his learning to speak. For example, talking to him during the day will be of great benefit in his education. For this reason, it is essential to spend time with your cute friend for budgerigar talk training. In this way, he can both accelerate the adaptation process and get the words he needs to speak from you. The bond you establish with him is of great importance in terms of his education. In addition to talking to him constantly throughout the day, it is also extremely important to get used to your hands and body.
Budgerigars are extremely social creatures. Observing people and speaking by imitating them is the result of this sociability. For this reason, it is extremely important that they are the only budgies in the house. In houses with more than one budgerigar, the budgies will not show much interest in their surroundings as they will communicate with each other. Therefore, it will be very difficult for them to memorize words and speak. If making budgies talk is your main purpose, it will be an advantage for you to have your cute friend alone.
You may be interested in: Budgie Names